Red Alliance was founded in 2002 and launched their first Red Angus bull sale in Oklahoma. At the time there were zero Red Angus bull sales in Oklahoma. Through sheer grit and determination combined with very high performing bulls and females we blazed a trail for many others to follow. We are very proud to be Oklahoma’s original source for Red Angus genetics. Oklahoma is now a virtual hot bed for Red Angus cattle and we are extraordinarily proud of being leaders for this explosion in growth for the breed.
The Red Alliance team is a group of Red Angus breeders that are among some of the best in the breed with a commitment to producing high quality genetics for commercial and seed stock producers alike. Our team makes extensive use of artificial insemination, embryo transfer and elite quality herd sires to provide breed leading genetics that our customers demand.
We host two Spring sales each year. The first Red Alliancesale is held on the second Saturday in March each year at the Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center in Shawnee, Oklahoma. Shawnee truly is in the heart of Oklahoma’s cattle country and America’s heartland. The second sale, Red Dirt Round Up, is held in Northwest Oklahoma near Canton at the historic Chain Ranch the fourth Saturday of March.
We have expanded the Red Alliance program to include an annual Fall sale in Buffalo, Texas at Buffalo Livestock Marketing on October 17, 2018. Buffalo is located in central Texas on Interstate 45 midway between Dallas and Houston. In addition, we host an additional Fall sale once again at the historic Chain Ranch in Canton, Oklahoma on October 27th.
Red Alliance provides their customers with 4 distinct opportunities to acquire Red Angus cattle. Whether you are looking for elite registered bulls for seed stock producers, pound producing bulls for commercial ranchers, outstanding quality registered females or those highly sought after commercial females in volume – we have what anyone could possible need in Red Angus cattle.
Bulls – All bulls are developed in a manner that allows each bull to express their genetic potential. Development of Red Alliance bulls is carefully managed with a focus on longevity and serving our primary customers which is the commercial cattleman. Listed below are the most important traits we use to identify bulls that will qualify for our sales.
* Conformation and structure – are they built right?
* Growth data from the development program. Average daily gain and weight per day of age are evaluated and scrutinized.
* EPD’s – We strive to offer consistency and balance yet enough variety that allows producers with different types environments and resources to find cattle that work for our customers.
* Ultrasound and carcass data – Each bull is analyzed via ultrasound. Measurements are taken for rib eye area (REA), Back fat and marbling (IMF).
* Scrotal Circumference
* Frame score- An important piece of information for many of our bull buyers.
* Disposition- If they don’t know how to behave like Red Angus bulls should they are disqualified from the sale.
* Fertility Testing – Every bull will be confirmed as being fertile before they walk into the sale ring.
* Health Examination – Every bull is examined by a vet and tested for disease as required by state regulations. Each bull will have a negative BVD-PI test
Our annual sale will have an excellent selection of registered females. Whether you are looking for elite quality females or “the herd building kind” we will have what you are looking for. Compare our offering to any of the large Red Angus production sales and you will find that we offer high quality in whatever price range you are looking. Many of these females will be AI sired or the progeny of her sires that are equal in quality to some of the best AI sires in the breed.
Commercial “Pro Cow” Females
We offer an excellent selection of replacement quality commercial Red Angus influenced females each year at our four sales. It is our intention to use this portion of the sale as an annual outlet for our bull buyers to place their heifers sired by Red Alliance bulls.This service will allow our bull buyers to maximize a return on their heifer calf crop. This is an excellent source for buyers to locate these highly maternal cattle that offer everything a producer could want. Excellent milk production, marbling, reproduction efficiency and a gentle, easy keeping disposition…..all in one package!